Heidi’s Trimester Four in Review
Welcome back to the Pop Family Podcast! Today we’re covering Heidi’s fourth trimester (we’ll hear all about Bonnie’s fourth trimester in the next episode!). She walks us through her time at the hospital after giving birth and explains how she diagnosed her baby’s tongue tie, why the hospital was not helpful with the issue, and the frenectomy she decided on.
We also discuss the expectations we have that our bodies will ‘bounce back’ after giving birth, the tricky balancing act that is newborn sleep, the highs and lows of breastfeeding, the bonding that contact naps bring, and going back to work after having a baby.
Finally, we share some of Heidi’s recommendations for Mums in the fourth trimester. Thank you for joining us and don’t forget to stay tuned for Part B!
In this episode, we cover:
- A brief description of what trimester four is
- Our experiences of how our babies almost synced schedules in the first 12 weeks
- Heidi walks us through her time in the hospital after giving birth
- Tongue ties and how hospitals are often not allowed to diagnose them
- How Heidi handled her baby’s tongue tie and decided on a frenectomy
- Bodywork to release tension in babies
- The most difficult part of the fourth trimester for Heidi
- How Heidi figured out that her baby just wanted to be left alone to sleep
- Going back to work and hiring a nanny
- The expectation of bouncing back after giving birth
- The highlights and challenges of the fourth trimester for Heidi
- And so much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: